Alex is all boy...frogs, bugs, snakes, anything gross! I try to be really good and not show him how much I am afraid of snakes but it's really hard. Yesterday he found a frog and was so excited to show me his new friend. I do very well with frogs as long as they're not jumping at me. I think they are so pretty to look at but that doesn't mean I want to touch them. I hate when things jump out at me or come near me unexpectedly (frogs, crickets, snakes...all of that junk) As I am trying to take pictures of Alex and his new friend (I had already bought the scrapbooking stuff for that layout!) that darn frog jumps at me!! I almost died...I started flailing my arms around and screaming like a nut. The darn thing landed on my foot. Adam was laughing so hard he almost peed himself and Alex stood there in shock. Thank goodness my husband isn't a jerk...he scooped up the frog from my foot (as he's still laughing) and gave Alex his friend back. Poor Alex kept asking me if I was ok. I got the picture on the left after my little fiasco. Notice the frog is facing Alex...so he wasn't jumping at me again! I try, I really do...last spring or fall (whenever snakes lose their skins) Alex and I found a snake skin, a full snake skin. It was really impressive (I guess...) So, we went in the house got a baggie and with a stick put the skin in the baggie. Alex got to inspect it and Daddy read him a book about snakes. (I don't touch that book!!) Adam took the skin to the school the next day to show the teacher and kids. I want him to learn all he can about reptiles, bugs, amphibians and stuff like that but sometimes my phobias show through. I certainly don't want him to be as freaked as I am about stuff like that.
Friday, August 15, 2008
A Froggy Friend
Alex is all boy...frogs, bugs, snakes, anything gross! I try to be really good and not show him how much I am afraid of snakes but it's really hard. Yesterday he found a frog and was so excited to show me his new friend. I do very well with frogs as long as they're not jumping at me. I think they are so pretty to look at but that doesn't mean I want to touch them. I hate when things jump out at me or come near me unexpectedly (frogs, crickets, snakes...all of that junk) As I am trying to take pictures of Alex and his new friend (I had already bought the scrapbooking stuff for that layout!) that darn frog jumps at me!! I almost died...I started flailing my arms around and screaming like a nut. The darn thing landed on my foot. Adam was laughing so hard he almost peed himself and Alex stood there in shock. Thank goodness my husband isn't a jerk...he scooped up the frog from my foot (as he's still laughing) and gave Alex his friend back. Poor Alex kept asking me if I was ok. I got the picture on the left after my little fiasco. Notice the frog is facing Alex...so he wasn't jumping at me again! I try, I really do...last spring or fall (whenever snakes lose their skins) Alex and I found a snake skin, a full snake skin. It was really impressive (I guess...) So, we went in the house got a baggie and with a stick put the skin in the baggie. Alex got to inspect it and Daddy read him a book about snakes. (I don't touch that book!!) Adam took the skin to the school the next day to show the teacher and kids. I want him to learn all he can about reptiles, bugs, amphibians and stuff like that but sometimes my phobias show through. I certainly don't want him to be as freaked as I am about stuff like that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
GREAT picture Renee! I am so with you on the bug phobia.. but as you know, mine is spiders. I am SO not looking forward to two boys with bug obsessions.
Post a Comment