Christmas is in 2 days. I don't know how it snuck up on me but it does every year. I started off the month ahead of the game...now I'm a little behind. It's ok though...I'm not stressing. I have wrapping to do and cookies to bake as well as catching up on the laundry that piled up over the 5 days we didn't have power.
I think it was the ice storm that threw me off. I had all of these hopes of getting everything done that weekend, while Alex was at the North Pole (North Conway, NH) with Grampa and She-She. We weren't able to leave the house for very long though. Thanks to Mom and Dad Baker for coming over and helping us out!! I'm not sure what we would have done without that heater for our pipes. When Alex came back on Monday we still didn't have power! So, during Monday and Tuesday we would go down to my Mom's house and Adam would pick us up on his way home at night. Thankfully, when we pulled up in our driveway on Tuesday night we saw lights on! The power was back on, finally!!! I think I cried I was so happy! Adam and I spent a good chunk of our time driving up around Sweet Pond Road looking at all of the damage to the trees and powerlines up around there.
Alex had such an awesome time at the North Pole!! I keep hearing about cocoa on the train, big baths and coyotes. Oh, and how Santa didn't give him the first present of Christmas. The train ride was based on the book The Polar Express. From what I hear...when Santa announced that he would be handing out the first present of Christmas Alex was gone...he was standing at Santa's feet up near the stage! Alex didn't know this was all acted out and that an actor would be recieving the first present! LOL So, Santa patted him on the head and continued with the show. When Alex got home there was a Polar Express Train set up around our tree! Santa must have felt bad about not giving Alex the first present and brought him this train set. He was so excited! I'm glad that Grampa and She-she got to see the excitement on his face when he saw their extra special present.
Then this past weekend I got sick and we got dumped on by about 18" of snow. Not a whole heck of a lot was done this weekend either. I'm feeling better today and we will be catching up...
Alex had been hounding me to make Gingerbread Cookies ever since Mrs. Claus told him that they were her favorites. (Personally, I think she needs to find a new favorite cookie! hehe) I found a recipe and we did make them but they're hard as rocks. I think they're more for gingerbread ornaments...not for cookies. We had a blast making them and I guess that's what was important. We still have more baking to do...probably today. Since our gingerbread cookies weren't edible we're going to do some Sugar ones. He just wants to decorate them. ;)
I will probably finish up my wrapping while watching White Christmas on Tuesday night. Of course, Adam still has some shopping to finsh up. It just wouldn't be the same if he was done before Christmas Eve. hehe It's ok though, we're going to be done in time and we're going to have a wonderful Christmas. I hope all of you have a very blessed Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment